(Includes FREE mastering) The process of balancing, and combining all the individual tracks of a song. If mastering is the last 10% of a track, then mixdowns are more like 40%. Especially in dance music. A weak mix down won’t get played out, or on radio, no matter how good the song is. Don’t let all your hard work go to waste. Book in a professional mix down with me and make sure your song is going to slam in the club. Turnaround time is between 1 day and 1 week. Depends on the queue. If you are in a rush, contact me for a time estimate.
CHANGES / ADJUSTMENTS
- One set of changes/adjustments is included for free
- Additional adjustments, changes and re-bounces with new audio can be booked here.
Here are some examples of Mixdowns we’ve done for clients. All tracks are set to the same RMS volume, so you can clearly hear the difference in tone and vibe.
PLEASE DELIVER YOUR FILES IN THE FOLLOWING MANNER.
- Each file should be an audio file that is .wav or .aif. It should be either 16bit/24bit, and either 44.1kHz/48kHz. (Do not send MP3s or other reduced quality file types)
- Try to send no more than 48 tracks
- If an instrument has layers, bounce & combine them. e.g. If you have a piano that has 3 layers, bounce those all together as “piano”. If you have 10 tracks of FX sounds, just render them all to one stereo track.
- Combine sounds from sections that don’t overlap. e.g. If you have a breakdown piano, & a different drop piano, and they don’t overlap, then put them all on one track called “piano”
- With Vocals, send one track for lead vocal, then 1 to 2 tracks for backing vocals. Group anything you can.
- Each drum sound should be separate e.g. Kick, Snare, Clap, Hat, Conga etc, but only send one track for each drum. i.e. Please don’t send a kick made of 4 layers.
- All files should below 0dB peak, and not clipping.
- Leave your EQ/Reverb plugins etc switched on. If I need a version of that file with the effect bypassed, I will contact you.
- Please compress all files together into a single .zip file
- My preferred file transfer site is www.wetransfer.com